Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thing 16:MnLINK

Checking on MnLINK, I took several of the tutorials and then embarked on what, for me, tends to be very frustrating--a jpurney using old search functions. . .I tried an "advanced search" for a decades old novel co-authored by Larry McMurtry about the legendary Charles Arthur "Pretty Boy" Floyd. . .After many missteps, I finally arrived at my destination. . .The novel "Pretty Boy Floyd" is co-authored by Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana, and was published by Simon And Schuster in 1994, ISBN 0671891650. . .It is available at several MnLINK libraries. . .After viewing the successful result, I decided to try my search again. . .Previously, I was unaware that the name "Pretty Boy Floyd" could be used in the subject lines as "Pretty and "Boy" and "Floyd". . .When I tried that I found what I was looking for immediately. . .MnLINK is a great resource, once you figure out how the search function works. . .Btw, I highly recommend this novel. . .MnLINK is an excellent way for all readers to increase the material available to them, especially if you live in a large metropolitan area. . .drfaust

No comments: