Sunday, May 18, 2008

Thing 7: Get to Know the Research Project Calculator

The Research Project Calculator (RPC). . .For me I like the University of Minnesota Assignment Calculator. . .I have been introducing it to my students who are working on a Minnesota History project. . .I love the way it sets out the various steps of the project one by one in a narrative fashion. . .Students like the structure, when beginning. . .Once they master this tool, they can modify it any way that fits their style better. . .I t must be noted that this project calculator is designed for writing assignments which as a history teacher is another reason, I prefer to use it. . Clearly, the discipline and and structure involved in using this tool can be applied to a variety of projects, and can be modified, thusly. . .I will have a wrapup on my student's work with the U of M Assignment Caluclator in a later blog after they finish their project on June 4th. . .drfaust

No comments: